- This event has passed.
Conversation Skills Workshop (Grades 2-7)
March 22 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For many children it is easy to strike up a conversation or join one already in progress but for others engaging in small talk or starting a conversation can be challenging. Developing a child’s conversational skills and etiquette is important as it helps them build confidence, cultivate friendships, and understand social expectations. A child who is good at communicating verbally will often produce better written communication and interpret what they read more accurately, helping them in all areas of academics.
Our 60-minute conversation skills workshop will cover some of the following topics:
• How to start a conversation
• Icebreakers to start a conversation
• How to keep a conversation going
• How to end a conversation
• Topics to avoid
• Active listening and not interrupting
• Being respectful and non-judgmental
• Rude and disrespectful body language and behavior
• Giving and receiving compliments